1. “Focusing solely on what you can potentially do better than any other organization is the only path to greatness.”
Jim Collins, American author and lecturer on the subject of company sustainability and growth.
2. “Designing a winning strategy is the art of asking questions, experimenting and then constantly renewing the thinking process by questioning the answers. No matter how good today’s strategy is, you must always keep reinventing it.”
– Constantinos Markides, Management Educator and Professor of Strategic Leadership at London Business School.
3. “You’ve got to eat while you dream. You’ve got to deliver on short-range commitments, while you develop a long-range strategy and vision and implement it. The success of doing both. Walking and chewing gum if you will.”
– Jack Welch, Former business executive, author, chemical engineer, and CEO of General Electric.
4. “The result of bad communication is a disconnection between strategy and execution.”
– Chuck Martin, former vice president, IBM.
5. “Strategy is the starting point for a transformation that needs to occur and how that company must change to win.”
– Lynne Doughtie, U.S. Chairman and CEO of KPMG and member of KPMG’s Global Board and Executive Committee.
6. “It’s important to have a really clear strategy so when you are in business, you only have to make micro-strategy changes.”
– Alexa Von Tobel, founder and CEO of LearnVest.com, a personal finance website.
7. “Strategy is a pattern in a stream of decisions”
– Henry Mintzberg, academic and author on business and management.
8. “The best CEOs I know are teachers, and at the core of what they teach is strategy.”
– Dr. Michael Porter, author and professor.
9. “A vision without a strategy remains an illusion.”
– Lee Bolman, Marion Bloch/Missouri Chair in Leadership at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
10. “I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy.”
– Jack Canfield, author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur.