1. Quality espresso
- Most stores have upgraded to the Swiss-made Mastrena, designed to make a high-quality espresso shot.
2. Fresh coffee
- Starbucks never serves coffee that has been sitting for longer than 30 minutes.
3. Customized coffee
- The chain claims to serve 87,000 different drink combinations.
4. Time efficient
- With two registers and a full staff, Starbucks can accommodate 220 customers per hour.
5. Consistency of brand delivery
- Starbucks baristas undergo over 30 hours of training on everything from techniques to the origins of coffee beans.
6. Best coffee
- Select stores have the top-of-the-line single-brew Clover coffee machine.
7. Good culture
- A healthy corporate benefits package offers health insurance for baristas who work at least 20 hours per week.
- Customers can pay with their smart phone and can earn stars that will go towards free drink and free food awards.
9. Internet service
- Starbucks provides free WiFi, with no restriction on laptop use.
- Starbucks makes it a goal to get each customer in and out in 3 minutes.