Question One: Please introduce yourself, including what you do.
Abbie Weisberg is the CEO and Executive Director of Keshet, an organization that serves over 1000 people with disabilities in the Chicago area while consulting with dozens of social service agencies around the country. Ms. Weisberg has been with Keshet for nearly 30 years and has worked as a teacher, program director, and now as the organization’s leader. Ms. Weisberg holds a Master’s Degree in Not for Profit Management from the Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership and has made Keshet a family affair as her husband, three daughters and dog Meeko all volunteer for the organization.
Question Two: What are your top 5 tips for growing a not for profit?
1. Start Small and Grow only when Opportunity Meets Mission
2. Never lose the Quality of your Core Programs
3. To be successful you must have the right People in the Right Places
4. Do not be afraid to move forward-either move forward or you will move backwards
5. Run your NFP with a business “type,” mind