1. On Friday, Apple announced that it found issues that affected some of its iPhone X and 13-inch MacBook Pro products. Apple said that it would fix these problems for free.
2. Specifically, the original iPhone X is experiencing touch issues resulting form a component failure. According to Apple, “The screens on affected phones may not respond correctly to touch or it could react even without being touched.”
3. Some MacBook Pros, on the other hand, are experiencing data loss and failure of storage drives. The affected devices include some 128GB and 256GB computers sold between June 2017 and June 2018.
4. Over the past year, Apple has experienced a host of product quality problems, despite price increases for most of its products, including laptops, tablets and phones. Specifically. iPhones and iPads are the most expensive they have ever been, with top end items selling for $1,449 and $1,899 respectively.
5. Apple has continuously stressed that it is working to fix these problems and replace part of phones and computers for free.
6. According to Bloomberg, “Apple hadn’t previously responded to reports of problems with iPhone X screens, but it had opened similar replacement programs in the past for older iPhone models with screen issues, including the iPhone 6.”
Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-products/apple-finds-quality-problems-in-some-iphone-x-and-macbook-models-idUSKCN1NF00Z / https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-09/apple-says-some-iphone-x-units-have-faulty-touch-screens